Chardham Yatra in Uttarakhand is the most recognised adventure towards the difficult valleys of the Himalayas. The Yatra is regarded as very challenging and complicated in India as it is consisting of going to the holy shrines through the cruel hiking tracks. The Char Dham Yatra such as the popular Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri shrines in the different places of Uttarakhand in Himalayan Mountains; delivers the final way of spiritual regeneration and payoff as per the Hindu myth.
Covering the cruel tracks is quite motivating and complicated too but before beginning the journey it is really very necessary to get ready well in advance, otherwise, the whole journey may become very tedious. It might be possible that your prevention also causes you serious illness after the long ongoing Yatra towards the Himalayas. Definitely, you need to get ready 2-3 months prior to beginning the Yatra.
Mentioned below are some of the tips explaining how to get ready for a Chardham Yatra:
- Know the perfect to be able to visit The ideal time for this sacred journey is when the gates of the shrines are opened. Usually, the pilgrimage is done between April-May and October-November. However, the best year for Chardham Yatra is Sept, as during June-August the area witnesses heavy rainfall and the adventure become more challenging, and during May it is over-flooded with the pilgrims. In Sept, after the downpours, the area regains its natural charm and thus, it is the best time for the Yatra.
- Check out for a reliable tour guide This is the most popular pilgrimage circuit and therefore, there are lots of travel providers that will be satisfied to be at your convenience. However, you need to pick honest tour guide for making the journey secure and safe. A leading tour guide will have a variety of different packages. Along with this, the specific travel company will also have tailor-made offers just to suit your requirements.
- Cross look into the credibility of the journey owner via term of mouth In order to confirm the credibility of the journey agency, have a look at the reviews of the customers. Furthermore, you can also ask a friend or family member to help you in the same. Their views and recommendations will be of great help that will protect you from any difficulty
- Physical fitness is a must As described before, this is an overwhelming journey. You need to be physically strong and mentally sound for this journey
- Physical fitness is a must As described before, this is an overwhelming journey. You need to be physically strong and mentally sound for this journey.
The trip to the four holy homes of God contains hiking, which certainly is not everyone’s cup of tea. However, those who are very eager to go on a Chardham pilgrimage but don’t wish to travel can opt for a helicopter drive. There are various travel providers who would be more than satisfied in creating a helicopter for your Chardham pilgrimage.
- Carry all the essential medicines In case you are already on some drugs, then make sure to bring all the required tablets. Furthermore, always keep a first aid box with you for the injuries that might happen by chance. The prerequisites of the first aid box are crepe bandages, drugs, fumigations, antiseptics and bandages.
- Pack warm clothes Located in the foothills of Uttarakhand, the Chardham circuit is given with snow-draped hills. Thus, it is important to pack sufficient wool and warm outfits like overcoats, sweatshirts, shawls and so on.
- Try travelling with family or friendsChardham Yatra is an extended and bold journey, which becomes hard to achieve if travelling alone. Though your journey agency will take you in a team, the team will be of unidentified people. Therefore, it is better travelling with either family.